Monday, October 3, 2016

Hillary Debates Like a Girl

During the first presidential debate I initially wondered about Hillary Clinton's debating style which didn't seem very presidential.   She seemed to prefer personal attacks unrelated to presidential matters over a discussion about policy matters.   After thinking about the  debate for a few days I realized that her behavior reminded me of the way women are portrayed as arguing on television shows.  

Clinton didn't take the debate seriously.   Her red pant suit and perky demeanor are more appropriate for a party than a serious debate of the issues.

Donald Trump remained serious during the debate, but Clinton grinned whenever she found an opportunity to use one of her favorite catch phrases or made a personal attack on Trump.  As I was writing this statement I realized what some of her facial expressions remind me of child who looks for approval when she thinks she has said  something special.

Clinton's "perkiness" is disturbing because she appears perky even when discussing serious subjects as if she doesn't really understand the seriousness of the situation.  

I'm a week older than Bill Clinton.  Those in our age group are alert to indications that others are possibly deteriorating mentally.  Hillary at times reminds me of those little old lady characters who are out of touch with reality.

No comments: